Monday, June 04, 2007

Passed The Test!

Yesterday I (Gareth) sat and passed my official Indian driving test! Without any lessons! (some of you may be thinking I have already posted about this, but that was to get my "Learners License", this is the real deal).

The test itself was a bit of a joke...I had to drive in a figure of eight (without hitting anything) and then reverse around an "H" shaped course before finishing - a little less intense than the UK version. There is also no one in the car with you, they watch from strategically placed CCTV cameras.

So, it's all very exciting and the license lasts until 2027, so we should be ok before it expires. Andi will be next and I'll be able to prep her on all the necessary details..."go forward"..."go back"..."well done, you've passed".

Of course nothing could prepare you for the reality of the Indian roads - that is a lesson in animal instincts (literally, when trying to dodge the cows).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always knew that Milton Keynes would prepare you for something!